Hey hey hey! It’s so good to have this section of the blog back. These are my lessons for the week, I hope you learn a thing or two from them. Kindly share your lessons this week in the comment section! Here it goes-
1. Be like children: I was in a bus yesterday where I was again reminded why the Bible asks us to be like children before God. A girl had been playing a game on her mum’s phone behind me and I’m sure everyone could hear her. “Mummy, this one is too hard, I want to play another one”. “Mummy, do you have subway surfer?” She kept talking with her mum and next thing I noticed, the child beside me turned and said “You’re playing game?” “Yes, take, play” the girl behind me replied. Before long, they were friends.
I noticed how the girl’s mum beside me didn’t even blink. Lol. She just kept her straight face and wasn’t bothered by the children. (Maybe a stressful day?) It got me thinking though, how nice it will be if adults can be that open and not have judgmental hearts towards one another.
If as an adult, I could also say, “yes, I’m playing game, do you also want to play?”
2. You are God’s ambassador: The Bible says we have been made totally free, but that we shouldn’t use our freedom to propagate evil/evil desires. As a believer, you really don’t have any excuse to be rude, unforgiving, lazy- because those who aren’t saved are watching you (whether you know it or not). If anyone at work/school/family/buses will have anything malicious to say about us, let it be in connection with our God. Remember Daniel?
Here’s a verse God has been referring me to: Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
1 Peter 2:11-12 NIV
3. My encouragements to people are for me too: I posted on Instagram (@mobolaaji) yesterday on how we should find our total satisfaction in God, not in anything else. Guess what? By night, I needed that same word and the Holy Spirit was quick to remind me to stop pausing life because of what I THINK others will say or do. When my satisfaction is in God, I will live as a truly free christian. (This reminded me of last week’s post by Michael).
4. Life is in phases, enjoy every phase: I woke one day, looked at all the things in my room and got a 2 second panic attack. All of these will be out very soon, I’m going home. Guys, I’m going home!!! Like, for real, undergraduate studies will end this month (by God’s grace) and I sometimes can’t believe this phase is over. God has been good. I remember all my fears when I came here without any family/friend in the country and now, this phase is almost over. And to be honest, I can truly say that through God’s help, I enjoyed this phase and was blesses by it. (Though the closer it gets to the end, the more I can’t wait for it to really end. Lol. I’ll probably sleep for like 3 days when I’m done.)
5. Invest in self development.
Let’s be honest, Christians can sometimes be the laziest people! I often ask people about stuff or the progress of certain things and they will immediately find a way to chip in God. That’s great, but sadly, that often means that they’ve not gone far with what God HAS ALREADY told them to do. (This is hitting me below the belt too). YouTube is my friend, best believe that I will quickly Google, watch videos or ask about something if I don’t know.
I used to beat myself down often but lately, God started showing me how He loves that attribute of mine- my inquisitive nature and how I just love to learn.
God is so creative! You already have His mind as a born again, but you have to decide to use it. Do something everyday that will make you a better person at work/family/school years from now. In fact, give yourself personal development goals. Start small. I don’t joke with personal spiritual development and I wrote down few things that will help me really grow as a Christian if I stopped them- like gossiping. And I’m slowly getting to the stage where gossip irritates my system. I can’t stand it the way I used to. So, yeah, set spiritual/career/family goals and involve God in all of it.
See y’all next week.
Many people like you, but I love you! And then, God loves you even more!
Love and light,
P.S: Remember to also share your lessons in the comments. ❤👏